Monday, September 24, 2007

Can You Help Me Find NCO FIN/99 and NCO-MEDCLR

"Jackson" writes;

I need to contact the NCO FIN/99 and NCO-MEDCLR collection agencies and I don’t have any contact information. If anyone has their phone number, it would be appreciated. I am in the process of fixing my credit report and I really need to contact them.
Thank you for you help.

Gerri answers:

Jackson, it sounds like you see this listings on your credit report and aren't sure how to contact them. First, the credit bureau must provide contact information for any company listing information on your credit report, so that's the place to start. But it may not be a phone number...a PO Box can suffice for purposes of the law.

Nevertheless, you are in luck (well, sort of)...NCO is one of the largest collection agencies. You can learn more about NCO Financial here. They provide the following information for contacting them if you are a consumer with a debt that is owed:

NCO Financial Systems, Inc.
507 Prudential Road
Horsham, PA 19044
800-220-2274
215-441-3000

However, before you contact them it is imperative that you understand your rights. The debt could be too old, for the wrong amount, or you may be able to negotiate a settlement. Since you are serving in the military now during this difficult time, we are going to send you a complimentary copy of our ebook Debt Collection Answers. We hope it helps you and wish you the best in resolving the problem.

4 comments:

Matte said...

Thanks for your information. It helped me in resolving -- unnoticed wrong balance.

They cleared the wrong balance which is showing on credit report.

tahnks.

Lesly said...

Hello. I find your blog very interesting. NCO Financial Systems is a company that provides different services of financial nature. NCO's tagline is: "Helping Business Process". Their primary aim is to provide their customers a possibility to find right people, right place and right implements to satisfy their business process outsourcing needs. I found this information on this great site www.pissedconsumer.com.

Professor said...

Who on earth is NCOfin/99? They suddenly appeared on my credit report for $100, and caused my beacon score to drop. I have no idea who they are, or why they are attacking my credit history. Can you help?

Gerri Detweiler said...

NCO is one of the largest collection agencies. As I described in my response on the earlier post to Jackson, you'll need to contact them to find out what this is about.

I provided the contact info, which should also be on your credit report.

Also, I would recommend you contact your Senators and Representatives to let them know what happened. Some consumer advocates believe consumers should be informed before these items are listed on their credit reports, rather than after the fact. Let them know if you agree.

Creditbloggers » Expert Articles By Gerri Detweiler

Debt Collection Answers Blog

Business Credit Blog